* Duckhorn is a 16.2 hand 1997 grey registered Thoroughbred stallion.
* Duckhorn is a Grade 2 stakes winner who raced 23 times, with 8 wins, 3 places, and 3 shows, earning $747,812.
* Duckhorn won the Hawthorne Gold Cup Handicap (Grade 2), and placed 4th in that same raced again the next year. Duckhorn also won the Ben Ali Stakes (Grade 3), the Harrison E. Johnson Handicap, and the Northern Dancer Stakes, placing second in the Stymie Handicap (Grade 3), placing third in the Washington Park Handicap (Grade 2), and placing fourth in the Stephen Foster Handicap (Grade 2).
* Duckhorn is sired by Not For Love (Mr. Prospector -- Dance Number), and is out of Ten's Testamony (Deputed Testamony -- Nottaten).
* Not For Love is sired by Mr. Prospector (Raise A Native -- Gold Digger), and is out of Dance Number (Northern Dancer -- Numbered Account).
* Not For Love is the leading sire in North America outside of Kentucky for the last 6 years, with over $51 million dollars in progeny earnings.
* Not For Love has sired 734 foals, 596 runners (81%) 478 winners (65%), and 66 stakes winners (9%), with average earnings per starter at $87,378 at per starter, and 21% stakes horses out of starters in his career.
* In 2008, he was the first stallion in history outside of Kentucky to reach the $6.4 million dollar mark in progeny earnings acheived in one year. He has dominated the Maryland Million for the last decade, with his runners accounting for 21 wins, one shy of the record. His progeny have earned in excess of $4 million dollars per year for 9 years in a row.
* Not For Love started 29 times, with 6 wins, and earnings of $178,870.
* Not For Love is a full brother to Champion 2 year old and Multiple Grade 1 stakes winner of $1,142,532, Rhythm.
* Not For Love is sired by the sire of sires, Mr. Prospector (Raise A Native -- Gold Digger).
* Mr. Prospector was a $220,000 yearling, and a multiple stakes winner of $112,171. He was leading sire by number of lifetime stakes winners, with a total of 181 stakes winners, including 18 European or North American Champions, out of 1,178 foals.
* Not For Love's dam, Dance Number, (Northern Dancer -- Numbered Account) was a Grade 1 stakes winner of $415,418, and dam of 6 foals, 6 runners, 6 winners, and 2 stakes winners, including:
* Rhythm (full brother to Not For Love), multiple Grade 1 stakes winner of $1,592,532, and Champion 2 Year Old in 1989.
* Get Lucky (full sister to Not For Love), Grade 3 Stakes winner of $157,760.
* Get Lucky produced Grade 2 Stakes winners Daydreaming and Girolamo, as well as Grade 3 Stakes winner Accelerator.
* Get Lucky is the second dam of Bluegrass Cat, 2006 winner of the Haskell Invitational (Grade 1), and runner up in the Kentucky Derby (Grade 1) and the Belmont Stakes (Grade 1).
* Get Lucky is also the second dam of 2010 Kentucky Derby (Grade 1) winner Super Saver.
* Offbeat (Fappiano), Grade 1 stakes placed winner and multiple graded stakes winner of $333,204.
* Duckhorn is out of Ten's Testamony (Deputed Testamony -- Nottaten).
* Ten's Testamony produced 7 foals, 7 winners, and 2 stakes winners, including Duckhorn, Grade 2 stakes winner of $747,812, and Bella Medaglia (Medaglia D'Oro), stakes winner of $250,916.
* Ten's Testamony is sired by Deputed Testamony (Traffic Cop -- Proof Requested).
* Deputed Testamony was a multiple Grade 1 Stakes winner, racing 20 times, with 11 wins and 3 places, earning $674,329.
* Deputed Testamony won the Preakness Stakes (Grade 1), the Haskell Invitational Handicap (Grade 1), the Governor's Cup Handicap (Grade 3), the Federico Tesio Stakes, the Keystone Stakes, and the Play the Palace Stakes.
* Deputed Testamony sired more than 31 $100,000-plus earners.
* As of 2004, Deputed Testamony sired 331 starters and 254 individual winners, with earnings of over $17 million, with 18 stakes winners.
*Deputed Testamony has also done very well as a broodmare sire; he is the broodmare sire of Whitmore's Conn and Bellamy Road, as well as Duckhorn.
* Ten's Testamony is out of Nottaten (Smarten -- Groan).
* Nottaten produced 5 foals and 2 winners.
* Duckhorn has sired numerous winners, including Miss Duckhorn, winner of $239,265, and Sweet Sugar, multiple stakes-placed winner of $176,932.
* Duckhorn is a handsome, correct horse with good bone.
* Duckhorn will stand at stud in 2012 for $1,000 LFG ($250 booking fee, $750 due when foal stands and nurses). Duckhorn is standing at T.H.A.N.K.S. A Lot Farm in 2013.
Company / Facility:
Thanks A Lot Farm -
We have several horses and ponies for sale. We breed Thoroughbreds for sport and racing as well as a few Welsh/TB crosses for the pony hunters each year as well. We have ponies and horses trained in eventing, "A" hunters, games and dressage.